In addition to standard UNT retiree privileges and benefits, UNTRA members are invited to participate in all UNTRA programs and events, to receive updates on benefits and other matters of importance to UNT retirees, and to have representation in various forums of the University.
EXCLUSIVE UNTRA MEMBER BENEFITS:
- The UNTRA Programs Committee plans a wide variety of events each year based on member interest. Our standard events include Academic Updates from various departments on campus, our annual spring & winter holiday potluck gatherings, homecoming tailgate, and the President's Retiree Brunch.
- For more information, visit our Events page.
College of Music Concerts
- Each semester, the College of Music generously makes complimentary tickets available to members of UNTRA for selected concerts. Visit our Events page to view a list of concerts for which complimentary tickets are available.
Mean Green Sports
- UNTRA members receive some exclusive offers from Mean Green Sports throughout the year. We are very grateful for their support of our organization!
- Enjoy complimentary coffee and our Free Member Library at our office on 1716 Scripture St. Our office hours are M - F 8am to 5pm. We close for all holidays observed by UNT.
Mr. Chopsticks Discount
- Show your UNTRA ID card to receive a 10% discount at the Mr. Chopsticks restaurant.
OLLI at UNT
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at UNT is a lifelong learning program with classes, events, and trips designed by and for adults 50 and better. Learn more at olli.unt.edu.
- A discounted annual membership rate of $75 is available for members of UNTRA.
STANDARD UNT RETIREE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- A free 'HF' permit to park in any FS lot. Get your permit online or at the Avenue A entrance of the parking building, corner of Highland and Avenue A. UNT Retiree ID card is required.
Retiree Access to UNT Email Accounts
UNTRA officers worked closely with the Provost's Office to make sure that all UNT retirees will be able to have a regular UNT email account just like current UNT employees. We are happy to report that the revised procedures, in the link below, accomplish that and are now in place.
You can find more IT Resources for retirees at https://it.unt.edu/it-resources-retirees.
Off-Campus Access To The UNT Libraries' Electronic Databases
In addition to Circulation and Inter Library Loan Services, UNT Retirees now have access to UNT Libraries' Electronic Databases. Most subscription-based electronic databases and e-journals will require you to login with your EUID and password. UNT Retirees may need to reactivate their UNT EUID following these easy steps.
UNT Retirees who are having problems with their access to the Libraries' services should contact the Library Help Desk (email@example.com or 940-565-3024).
Mean Green Sports
- All UNT retirees are eligible to claim 2 complimentary tickets to each UNT home game while tickets for that game remain available (contact the Ticket Office at 940-565-2527 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
UNT Campus Facilities
- Access to cafeterias, library, and recreational facilities.
- Pohl Recreation Center: UNT Retiree Rates
- Single Semester: $70
- Two Semesters: $140
- Annual: $180
- For information, contact Rec Sports at 940-565-2275 or email@example.com.
How to Take Undergraduate Courses at UNT
The UNT Retiree Association cannot enroll individuals in courses being offered by UNT's academic divisions. If you wish to enroll in an undergraduate course being offered by one of UNT's academic divisions, please consider the options below.
Auditing Undergraduate Courses
- The university’s official policy on auditing a course is listed here: http://catalog.unt.edu/content.php?catoid=17&navoid=1739#Auditing.
- Here is the relevant portion of that policy: “A person 65 years of age or older may enroll as an auditor and observer without credit and without payment of a fee, if space is available and if approved by the department chair and the appropriate dean. Such enrollment entitles the person to library privileges, but not to instruction in applied music or physical education, the use of laboratory equipment and supplies, or admission to university-sponsored fine arts events.”
Senior Citizen Tuition Exemption
- The university also offers a special tuition exemption for Senior Citizens. The complete list of waivers and exemptions is available on this website: https://studentaccounting.unt.edu/waivers-and-exemptions.
- The forms associated with claiming those waivers and exemptions are listed here: https://studentaccounting.unt.edu/forms.
The Office of the Registrar (940-565-2111), along with Student Accounting and University Cashiering Services (940-565-3225), are the correct entities to assist you with auditing a class or claiming a tuition exemption.
The Professional Development Institute (firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-433-5676), in partnership with ed2go, offers online open enrollment programs designed to teach professional level skills in a variety of areas. Minicourses cover a range of subjects from computer applications to foreign languages. To view the full catalog of minicourses, go to ed2go.com/unt.